As required under WorkSafeBC regulations, all mobile lift operators must review safe operating procedures, and demonstrate their ability to operate the equipment safely, every two years. This course covers the following points in a condensed format appropriate for an experienced operator:
- Review of relevant provincial and federal regulations and legislation
- Review of pedestrian awareness procedures
- Overview of basic principles of forklift design and operation (stability triangle/pyramid)
- Review the basic parts and operation of a forklift
- Review different types of fuels and fueling procedures
- Review theory and practical operation of a forklift
This course is available for operators of standard counterbalanced forklifts, reach trucks and order pickers.
Prerequisite: Previous formal operator training taken within the last three years.
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: Counterbalance Forklift: $135 per person; Reach/Order Picker: $160 per person