Some organizations prefer to have one or more employees certified to provide basic training and guidance to their forklift operators. This program is designed for individuals with previous forklift experience who wish to become effective safety instructors. This intensive two-day course covers forklift safety, legislation, and principles of adult education, including:
- Introduction to public speaking/providing instruction to adults
- In-depth coverage of current legislation and regulatory standards
- In-depth coverage of CSA Standard B335.94 (Standards for Industrial Lift Truck Operator Training)
- Discussion of due diligence (Responsibilities of employers, employees, supervisors)
- Pedestrian safety
- Basic principles of stability
- Teaching and demonstrating techniques
- Evaluation processes
- Practical instruction
- Written and practical examination techniques
This course is suitable to prepare experienced individuals to provide training on one or more of the following: counterbalanced forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers, and rough terrain lift trucks.
The standard course will prepare the participant to provide training on one specific type of equipment (please indicate your choice at the time of booking). Additional modules can be added for those who wish to cover two or more equipment types.
Duration: 2 days with homework assignment
Cost: $995 per person
Additional modules: cost and duration varies, please contact us for details.